Holidays “to-go” or catered meals are a popular option for many families on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Offering take-away meals on your holiday menu for smaller families or individuals will put you ahead of the competition. Let Shamrock Foodservice Warehouse be your “to-go” holiday resource with a variety of high-quality brands, fresh ingredients and take-away packaging you need all in one place.
Need “to-go” menu inspo? Great for the holidays or any cold-weather menu, this herbaceous turkey roll pairs well with sweet potatoes or yams. We also carry Markon’s Ready-Set-Serve® Urban blend as a versatile salad mix that cooks down into a great stuffing for this recipe.
Pair it with sweet, earthy butternut squash, made with miso paste and a hint of salty soy sauce or add a house salad or a Bountiful Harvest® vegetable to complete the plate.
STUFFED TURKEY WITH READY-SET-SERVE URBAN BLEND
- 1 Tbsp. Trifoglio® Olive Oil
- ½ cups Markon Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Diced Onions
- 1 Tbsp. RSS Peeled Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 3 cups RSS Urban Blend
- 2 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 2 lb. Cobblestreet Market® Turkey Breast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions, garlic, and zest; sauté until soft.
- Stir in RSS Urban Blend and cook until wilted (one to two more minutes).
- Put mixture in food processor along with cornbread and pulse until ground.
- Pat turkey dry; score the top with a knife. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread RSS Urban Blend mixture over surface of turkey, leaving edges clear. Starting at the bottom, carefully roll the meat into a log-like form.
- Tuck the ends under and tie the roast with butcher’s string. Brush all with any remaining oil from skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until thermometer reads 160 degrees internally. Remove from heat and allow to rest for ten minutes. Slice and serve with mashed sweet potatoes or yams.
MISO BUTTERNUT SQUASH SIDE
- 4 butternut squash, split, seeds removed, and scored
- 1 Tbsp. red miso paste
- ¼ C sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk miso, oil, and soy sauce together.
- Brush onto scored butternut halves. Bake until browned (45 minutes to an hour)
After you finish your holiday to-go meal plan stop by your Shamrock Foodservice Warehouse and grab everything you need all in one, simple shopping visit. And just like that, you will have made your patrons holidays stress-free and delicious with your to-go menu offering!