Food Trucks are all about things we love here at Shamrock Foodservice Warehouse: cuisine, convenience, and community. With all this goodness to give, it’s no wonder food trucks are continuing to grow in popularity and attract life-long fans. But what if you are newer to the food truck scene or are interested in attracting a new crowd?
Our store strives to be a great resource for our food truck owners both in-store and out so check out these food truck marketing tips.
Did you see our blog post on food truck configuration ideas as well as equipment pointers? Check it out here.
- Become a regular at events.
- Take advantage of community events where large crowds gather for fun and good food. Don’t limit your attendance to just food events, but also check out music festivals, sporting events and more for great exposure to a wide variety of audiences.
- Be social savvy.
- According to IBISWorld, 43% of food truck customers are in the 25-44 age demographic and nearly 20% are under the age of 25. This means your customers are more than likely on social and you should be too. Be active and consistent on your social platforms by sharing great food shots and engaging content, including giveaways and discounts. In addition to social media platforms, Yelp and TripAdvisor are also great places to encourage reviews and reach more customers.
- Try advertising.
- Look into listing your food truck with regional food truck locator apps to be sure hungry customers can find you in the moment. Local food truck associations can be a great resource for the best listings and apps in your specific region and Shamrock Foodservice Warehouse is happy to help you get in touch.
- Give back to the customer and community.
- When you are promoting discounts on social, be sure to do this well at your food truck too. Have promotional materials on-hand and offers that encourage repeat visits. To connect with the community, find local charities in need and look into ways to support them or give back. Be sure to share this commitment with signage at your truck and on social. Customers feel good supporting you when you are supporting the community.
Whether you are new to the food truck biz or have owned your truck for many years, these quick marketing ideas will keep your food truck top-of-mind with consumers and your business growing. For all of your food and supply needs, look no further than Shamrock Foodservice Warehouse. We have what you need, when you need it so you can keep truckin’.